Ascension Hall, a masterpiece of
collegiate Gothic architecture, was presented to the College by the Church
of the Ascension in New York City. Inside are two special halls, Philomathesian
and Nu Pi Kappa, named for the two main literary societies at Kenyon in 1859
when Ascension was built. Now, they’re favorite destinations for students
wishing to study or catch a nap in one of the comfy armchairs.